Large Scale Community Management (SPC410)
This two and a half day course is designed to increase your depth and breadth of knowledge when managing a large scale community. Course content focuses on governance issues; people and personnel; facility management; recreational amenity management; architectural control; green management; strategic planning; finance; and community-building. The course addresses many best practices of industry professionals and provides a CD of resource materials. Attendees will also participate in a large scale community site tour.
- Identify the characteristics that define a community as “large scale”
- Articulate best practices and develop action plans for:
- Ensuring effective governance through the board of directors, committees and community manager
- Designing organizational staffing structures that include onsite staff and service providers, and managing those personnel
- Managing facility operations, including property protection, landscaping and other maintenance, municipal, and information technology services
- Funding, staffing, and overseeing recreational amenities
- Implementing architectural control processes that align with the communitys aesthetic philosophy
- Developing and executing long-range, strategic plans
- Considering the elements of financial operations that are specific to large scale communities, including tax structures, budgeting and policies procedures
- Building a meaningful and lasting sense of community through communication and other techniques
- Create a career-development action plan based on your current situation, goals and self-assessment of your skills and experience
Who Should Take This Course?
- Experienced CCAMs who want to earn the Large Scale Specialty Certificate
- Management company executives who supervise large scale community managers
- Experienced portfolio or high rise managers who want to expand their skills and career opportunities
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 16
Course Length: 19.5 hours
Course Fee (includes lunch on day 2 & 3): Member $655 Non-Member $917
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.