Human Resource Management (LDR400)
Its important to find the right people for the job and maintain a harmonious working environment where those employees can thrive. The process of hiring, developing and continually motivating employees can be full of challenges. A comprehensive understanding of human resource strategies is key to managing staff members in an effective, legal and consistent way. This course will help managers expand their leadership skills, become a more effective supervisor and enhance employee productivity.
- Be familiar with recommended practices for recruitment and hiring
- Know what constitutes an employment contract
- Be familiar with recommended policies and procedures found in an employment handbook and why it makes good sense to have a handbook
- Understand required compliance with employee wages and compensation laws
- Be familiar with anti-discrimination laws and why understanding them is important
- Know the performance management process and what to do when its not working
- Manage workplace conflict and know how to work through it to a successful outcome
- Identify how to effectively and professionally terminate employment
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community managers who supervise others or want to pursue a supervisory position
- Management company personnel with human resource responsibilities
- Experienced CCAMs who want to earn a Specialty Certificate
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 7
Course Length: 7.5 hours
Course Fee: Member $284 Non-Member $397.60
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.