Risk Management in Community Associations (INS400)
This course provides a holistic approach to understanding the tenets of risk management in the practice of community management. You will learn influential and practical risk management techniques, how to control associated costs, monitor results, and implement options for controlling risk. Interactive activities, checklists and a key terms glossary are also included in the course materials.
- Identify internal and external threats, the likelihood of their occurrence and what actions address the most likely threats
- Know how governance, membership and service providers all contribute to risk
- Be able to create a risk profile by identifying and analyzing risk
- Describe risk management techniques: avoidance, retention, and transfer
- Be able to manage claims for losses
- Understand the litigation process and your role within it
- Advocate for the importance of treating risk management as an ongoing process
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community managers who need to assist their association boards in creating a risk profile
- Experienced CCAMs who want to earn a Specialty Certificate
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 6
Course Length: 6 hours
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.