Reserves – What, Why, How (FIN200)
This course will teach you how to take a proactive role in the reserves process, including selecting a reserve study preparer, determining what components should be included and explaining the report to the board. You’ll also learn how to use the information to help the board make funding plan decisions and understand how reserve funds can be used.
- Articulate why reserves and reserve studies are important
- Understand the roles of the manager, the board and the reserve study preparer
- Determine which components are common area maintenance responsibilities
- Know what to look for when reviewing the physical and financial analysis
- Understand how to assist the board in making decisions about which funding model to use and how to fund the reserves
- Describe what must be disclosed annually
- Identify requirements for borrowing from reserves
Who Should Take This Course?
Community managers who advise their association boards on reserve funding
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 3
Course Length: 3 hours
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.