HOA Core Principles (Formerly The HOA Puzzle) (CMM100)
This course is about piecing together the people and practices of the California homeowners association industry. Increase your ability to contribute to your organization by learning about the intricacies of HOAs. If you work for an HOA or a company that provides service to HOAs, this course will convey a greater depth of understanding about all the pieces of the HOA puzzle. Youll have fun learning about HOA governance structures, management models and professional practices for dealing effectively with clients.
- Learn key terminology and definitions related to HOAs
- Be familiar with the HOA governance structure, including board of director roles, association meetings, fiduciary duty, committee structure, oversight, etc.
- Understand the skill requirements and role of community managers
- Identify areas of specialization within community management
- Review professional practices, including customer service, email protocol, writing skills and projecting a professional image with colleagues and clients
- Become knowledgeable about industry trends and statistics
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community management support staff, such as assistants, customer service reps, accounting personnel and other operations staff
- Commercial or property managers interested in expanding their management service to residential HOAs
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- This is not a certification course, nor does it provide CEUs.
- A certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the course.
- Those interested in pursuing community manager certification will receive a $50 credit towards CMM101 & CMM102 The Basics of Association Management Series.
Course Length: 4 hours
Course Fee: Member $149* Non-Member $219
*Business member employees receive the member rate.
Schedule: Entirely self-paced and on-demand through the CACM EduCenter.
How to Register: Sign up online at www.cacm.org