Fundamentals of Effective Governance (BDA300)
This course is an introduction to BDA500 and provides a foundational understanding of Policy Governance® principles. Manager skills for success will be examined, including developing your strategic leadership mindset, new communication habits and accountability criterion necessary for working with a board within this framework. This course will help managers assess their readiness for implementing Policy Governance with their association boards. Practical application of Policy Governance with a board is covered in BDA500 (prerequisites apply).
- Articulate the difference between management and governance
- Define and differentiate key terminology
- Explain the 10 principles of the Policy Governance model and what their use means for an HOA
- Identify the skills and behaviors a manager needs to be successful within this model
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community managers who want to determine the feasibility of implementing Policy Governance with their association boards
- Experienced community managers who want to meet the prerequisite for BDA500 (an MCAM certification course requirement)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 4
Course Length: 4 hours
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? These are the only offerings scheduled in 2019, but you can join a wait list to bring this course to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.