Foundational Ethics for Industry Partners
Integrity is the number one quality employers and clients value. During this interactive course, a variety of scenarios that demonstrate the official rules of conduct for Industry Partners and Community Managers will be discussed. Participants will review CACMs Code of Professional Ethics and Standards of Practice and gain an understanding of ethics complaints, disciplinary actions and the appeals procedures.
Upon completion of session 2, students’ are required to successfully complete a course exam.
CIP300: Foundational Ethics for Industry Partners
- Know the importance of ethics to the industry and each individual manager and Industry Partner member
- Understand CACMs structure and how it supports the organizations role in defining and enforcing ethical standards
- Understand CACMs classes of membership and certification, as well as the related disclosures that are required
- Know the requirements of the Code of Ethics, including general and specific standards
- Understand the process for enforcement of the Code of Ethics, specifically the first steps for a member filing a complaint or responding to a complaint
- Ask the right questions to ensure decisions are ethical
Who Should Take This Series?
- Industry Partners who want to understand the ethical responsibilities of their position
- Industry Partners who want to earn the CCIP certification
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- This course is required for CCIP certification; course is not eligible for CEU’s for recertification.
This course is made up of two, 2 hour sessions.
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.