Assessment Collections (FIN210)
Learn about the proactive measures associations should take, the options available to the association once there is a delinquency, and how and when to bring in professional help. Youll also explore the additional considerations that come into play when a homeowner has declared bankruptcy, as well as how the Civil Code and other laws and regulations influence the associations efforts to collect.
- Understand the community managers role in the collection of delinquent assessments
- Know the legal requirements for an associations assessment collection practices, including the collection policy and annual notice
- Understand the first steps for every delinquent account, including the pre-lien demand letter and the recording of a lien
- Understand requirements for offering and providing alternative dispute resolution to the homeowner
- Understand the process, advantages and disadvantages for each of the possible collection methods: payment plans, foreclosures, civil suits, and collection agencies
- Understand how homeowner bankruptcies affect collections
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community managers who advise their association board on assessment collections
- Accounting personnel
- Community managers who want to earn the CAFM certification
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 4
Course Length: This course is made up of two, 2 hour sessions.
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.