Advanced Insurance Principles (INS300)
This course uses scenarios to show you how to evaluate a wide variety of insurance dilemmas. You will explore the questions that have to be answered in order to determine the “insurable interest” and work with actual master policies and individual unit owner policies to better understand how to analyze the rights and responsibilities you should expect and demand.
- Examine emerging trends and what you need to do to get your board ready when its time to bring in new coverage
- Review the “exotic” coverage needed for lakes, streams, horseback riding trails, swim teams, day care and more
- Learn how to utilize risk management principles to manage the associations exposure
- Acquire a best practices approach for insuring your association clients
Who Should Take This Course?
- Community managers who want to increase their knowledge of insurance policies and coverage requirements
- Experienced CCAMs who want to meet the prerequisite for INS400 (a course requirement for the Specialty Certificate Program)
Prerequisites: None. Although a basic understanding of the various types of insurance for CIDs is needed; prior attendance in INS200 is recommended.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 3
Course Length: This course is made up of one, 3 hour session.
Download a Registration Form if you prefer to email or mail in your registration.
Don’t see an offering near you? You can join a wait list to bring this series to your area through CACMs Request a Course program.